Akarakrit Uamkruea, blogger and audio gear maker who passionate in vacuum tube, audio & music.
Producing electronics projects since high school. Seriously upgrade and modify vintage audio equipment for “Real Sound” concept.
He is a co-founder of Soundaries, all audio solution provider.
Experienced and lively explore the listening rooms & audio shops in Japan as his most favorite to do.

Monday, January 4, 2016

McIntosh 275 Modify with Capacitors Adventure Part 1

This is my first modification that almost follow suggestion from Mr Shirokazu Yazaki

in Mr Jeff Day's blog about "Capacitor Adventure" and recommended components

to bring "Real Sound" from Jeff's McIntosh MC30 amplifiers.

http://jeffsplace.me/wordpress/?p=7554

http://jeffsplace.me/wordpress/?p=7596

After read Jeff's blog, I'm so excited and ask my friend who has McIntosh 275 for modification.

My friend had bought old McIntosh 275 that already repaired from local audio technician.

Almost capacitors had changed and the rest were leaked. :(

So he's not hesitate to modify his McIntosh 275 to "Real Sound" style.


Inside 275 before I do anything. Sprague "Black Beauty" and "Bumblebee" had removed.

Replaced with WIMA MKP and mylar capacitors.

I think many points need to upgrade and repair.







Let's start to bring "Real Sound" from McIntosh 275. 

2 comments:

  1. high voltage film capacitors You made such an interesting piece to read, giving every subject enlightenment for us to gain knowledge. Thanks for sharing the such information with us to read this...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to know that my experience can be helpful for someone like you.

      I'm try to post more frequently.


      Thanks & best regards,

      Delete